Journal de Quebec: Muse – On The Plains This Summer?

eyduh

A short article with a few interesting bits.

After the Pepsi Coliseum, Could Muse return to Quebec next summer as headliners of the next Summer Festival? This possibility was raised yesterday by a representative of Warner Canada. According to Donald Robbins, the group could take the European festival circuit and efforts will be made to bring them to Quebec.

Speaking for the Summer Festival, the spokeswoman Luci Tremblay said there have been no discussions with Muse yet, but that the organization was very open to receive them if the English trio expressed the wish to come play on the Plains of Abraham. In an interview with the Journal before the show last night, the drummer Dominic Howard has hinted that Muse was going to do some shows in early 2011, in places that the group has not yet visited.

“We expect to begin work on the next album in mid 2011. Unlike The Resistance, which we recorded in Italy, where Matt lived (Bellamy), we are committed this time to London,” said Howard, who knows what musical direction the group may take. “
We’re going to take a break to get away from earlier concepts and find new ones
.”

Certainly, the musicians never tire of blockbuster shows, filled with dramatic effects in arenas that are getting more immense. “I do not know what we will do, but we like to play in this environment. The public really explodes.”

Matt Bellamy has always been the frontman of Muse, somewhat overshadowing Howard and bassist Chris Wostenholme. Still, they do not fear that one day he will decide to embark on a solo adventure. “I think we prefer putting our energy in Muse. It can be dangerous because it can cause the separation of a group,” said one who does not fear that Kate Hudson, Bellamy’s new girlfriend, becomes the ’Muse of Yoko Ono’.”

“It will not happen. We never had this problem in the past, especially as we never let anyone hear our material until everything is completed. Not even our record company.”

SOURCE

quoi ?! Muse sur les plaines ? ça serait trop débile ... mais j'ai l'impression que c'est possible vu que le festival a déjà accueilli des artistes aussi - sinon plus - célèbres qu'eux. en tout cas c'est certain que j'y serais ! j'ai déjà hâte de les revoir, le show d'avant-hier était trop magique !!

It "can be dangerous because it can cause the separation of a group,” said one who does not fear that Kate Hudson, Bellamy’s new girlfriend, becomes the ’Muse of Yoko Ono’.”

“It will not happen. We never had this problem in the past, especially as we never let anyone hear our material until everything is completed. Not even our record company.”[/indent]

That is awesome. I hope all the rabid fangirls out there read this and calm down on the Kate hate.

And who knows what the new record will sound like! Matt and Chris want it one way, Dom another. I just want it to be good. :p

I don't think the last bit is strictly true as I seem to remember in the interview with Gaia, she said that Matt would seek her opinion on something he'd been up all night creating, but then get irritated if she criticised. :chuckle:

Not that I would have any worries on that score. I'm sure that when it comes to the music Matt and Muse are very focussed on their own inspirations.

I think it sounds good what they're doing, taking a break to chill for a while and get their thoughts together, but also nice that they might do the occasional gig. I hope though that Warner don't put pressure on them over that or rush them.

Actually, I'm quite a bit excited about what new direction they're going to take with their next album, especially what subject area will be the focus.

Plus, I love the fact they keep changing up their plans. Keeps musers scrambling for information. :LOL:

Archived