Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

The alloy replica was a chuffing wedge, and cold on the tummy in the mornings being

Yeah I can imagine. My mirror replica wasn't the most comfortable thing to play and my alloy ibanez used to get bloody cold.

What's the deal with routing on alloy Kev? I just used a dremel cutter last time.

shame, I hate it when corners are cut!! Do you reckon they'll clad the whole thing if you ask them nicely (and give them more money?) I would also like piezo saddles!

I'm on the waiting list as well :D

I've got an email in to Adrian asking nicely if they'd be able to install a Fishman Powerbridge on mine instead of the standard ToM too :happy:

Prolly won't be able to get it though, Dad: "There are no more Mansons in your future" :$

Good news to those of us who won't be getting a first run DL-1:

In keeping with the policy of making every Manson/Bellamy Signature something very rare and very special' date='[b'] the first DL-1 run will be once again be limited to just 25 pieces[/b], crafted in the UK using the finest materials and components and come with a unique, original, signed (not printed) certificate.

Meaning there will be more than 1 run :)

3104_1_large.jpg

Is it just me or does the FF look unusually close to the end of the body?

I'm on the waiting list as well :D

I've got an email in to Adrian asking nicely if they'd be able to install a Fishman Powerbridge on mine instead of the standard ToM too :happy:

Prolly won't be able to get it though, Dad: "There are no more Mansons in your future" :$

son i am disappoint

I'm selling one of mine to get this. Not sure if I'll regret it though.

Is it just me or does the FF look unusually close to the end of the body?

On the Delorean (& Blackie) the StopBar is very very close to the bridge. There is more space between the ...the.. guitar ass and the StopBar.

The FF pots are widely spaced from each other, too..

Yeah I can imagine. My mirror replica wasn't the most comfortable thing to play and my alloy ibanez used to get bloody cold.

What's the deal with routing on alloy Kev? I just used a dremel cutter last time.

last time i made the body and alloy separate, but this time i think i'll cut the body out, sand it, then plate, then rout.... what's the worse that can happen lol

last time i made the body and alloy separate, but this time i think i'll cut the body out, sand it, then plate, then rout.... what's the worse that can happen lol

I did an aluminum top recently, I routed the body, then plated it. I cut a hole in the center of the pickup routes, then used a router bit with the template bearing on the bottom, and traced it out. It was soft enough to not give me any issues whatsoever. Very clean and easy to work with.

I went through to the trem cavity :facepalm:

I just used it as a project and experimentation. I might turn it into something for fun later.

0909091428.jpg

Just so you all know:

The only changes are' date=' P90 proper in th neck position, no forearm contour, [b']dots on the neck as per the original[/b] DeLorean and we're working on matching the paint colour a bit better with the alu front.

Dots on the neck, that's new to me :LOL:

Yeah, I'm sitting this one out as they can't show me the guitar I'm going to get until they build it...also, I don't have the money, but that's not as important :p Congrats to those who do though, I'll join you in the 2nd run :happy:

PS--For those who wondered, they said putting in a piezo bridge won't be possible as it'll require more routing and custom backplates, which take it into the realm of a custom build rather than a signature model. So it'll have to be bought, returned, and then modified.

Archived