Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

Shun+the+non-believer%21%21%211%21.bmp

A million lolz :D:D:D:D

The DL-1 does look sexy. I'd probably prefer it to the MB-1, I'd use the internal effects FF and Phase 90 much more than the Kaoss pad. Not that keen on the look though, think it looks a bit basic. (suppose the quoted picture applies to me...). Also, comparing it to the MB-1, is a P90 and Fuzz Factory worth (moneywise) more than an XY and a sustainer?

Waiting for an 007 replica though. That would be the beezkneez.

You can can get a controller, screen, and all the bits for around 75 pounds, then an extra 125 pounds for the sustainer; roughly 200 total .

Then, for average prices for the fuzz around 115 pounds, phase 90 for 80 pounds, and a BK P90 for 75, youre paying a bit over 270 pounds.

All of that is excluding complexity in wiring/routing. I think Mansons gets off a bit easier wiring a MB-1 (Sustainer/Midi) VS the DL-1. I think the price is justified, more expensive bits, more wiring.

what the... that's not the original style delorean!!!

Where's the rough look??

Manson_Delorean_showcase.jpg

THAT'S an industrial disease.. the new one for sale just looks too polished

The rough look is from 5 years of playing it, here is a photo of it new, looks pretty shiny there

delorean.jpg

This is the prototype, the production model will have no forearm contour but it will have a black P90 in the neck, there is no point in putting a piezo bridge or a roland pickup in there as Matt hasn't used them for years

dl1.jpg

:)

From Musewiki:

Hugh Manson on the Delorean

"Matt came to the shop and asked me to make a guitar for him. He had a definite idea of what he wanted it to sound like. We reached the body design through a combination of me drawing and him pointing and we got there pretty quickly, I think there was just a slight alteration on the top horn. In terms of the aluminium finish, that was an interesting one. I plated the whole thing and thought, 'My God, I'm gonna have to polish this and that's gonna be a nightmare.' It was all covered in really rough file marks and looked industrially atrocious. I was summoning up the energy to take it home and spend a week flattening it down and polishing it, but before that I took it down to the shop to show the lads how it was going. By fluke Matt turned up at the shop that day and I said, Why don't you have a look at the work in progress? He looks at it and goes, 'Oh wow, I love the finish!' I thought, That's brilliant, exactly what I want to hear."

DL-1 needs more rough patches. :phu:

The rough look is from 5 years of playing it, here is a photo of it new, looks pretty shiny there

delorean.jpg

This is the prototype, the production model will have no forearm contour but it will have a black P90 in the neck, there is no point in putting a piezo bridge or a roland pickup in there as Matt hasn't used them for years

dl1.jpg

In the pictures it almost looks like a carved top, I think that'd look nice

how will I play micro cuts then? :'(

Oh, and the delorean did look like that at first. Pretty much.

gu_mansonguitar.jpg

matt_silver.jpg

I might call tomorrow to find out about this.

Yeah, out of my three guitars I don't really want to see any of them go, but if I had to I could part with the Explorer and the JM Strat...that'll be a fun conversation :stunned:

"Hey, so, Mom and Dad, it was really sweet of you to get me that JM Strat for my 16th birthday and I really enjoyed it, but turns out I need to sell it for another Manson..." :$

The range of guitars starts at £2,999 for the DL-1 Standard, with the DL-1F and DL-1FP costing £3,299 and £3,599 respectively. Those interested in ordering should contact Mansons Guitar Shop, but be quick – Manson will only be producing 25 DL-1 models – once they're gone, they're gone!

So only one DL-1 run?

http://mansons.co.uk/shopping/categories/manson-signature-guitars-basses/manson-signature-guitars/dl1/

Product Description

For both Mathew Bellamy and luthier Hugh Manson, this truly is a trip back to the future as the release of the DL-1 is a celebration of the very first Manson/Bellamy creation that departed massively from virtually any guitar on the market and showed the path Manson Guitars would take in interpreting and creating the sonic visions of the then 22 year old guitarist.

The original design, based upon Matt and Hugh’s sketches and drawings not only had a striking shape and finish (being aluminium clad) it also hinted at future models with its unique incorporation of guitar effects into the body. In its original incarnation it sported an internal Z-Vex Fuzz Factory pedal, MXR Phase 90, Roland GK synth access pickup system, piezo saddles, humbucker and P-90 pickup combination.

The new DL-1 model sports a solid, raw finish aluminium top over an alder body with aluminium backplates, P-90/humbucker pickup configuration and options of MXR Phase 90 and Fuzz Factory internal effects. In keeping with the policy of making every Manson/Bellamy Signature something very rare and very special, the first DL-1 run will be once again be limited to just 25 pieces, crafted in the UK using the finest materials and components and come with a unique, original, signed (not printed) certificate.

DL-1 Range:

DL-1 Standard £2999

DL-1F (Internal Z-Vex Fuzz Factory) £3299

DL-1 FP (Internal Z-Vex Fuzz Factory And Internal MXR Phase 90) £3599

This product is available exclusively from Manson’s Guitar Shop Exeter Devon with delivery of the first release, Model DL-1, due 2011. http://www.mansons.co.uk

DL-1 Range Specification:

DL-1 Standard £2999

Alder Body

Aluminium Unlacquered Front

Aluminium Backplates

Birds Eye Maple Neck

Rosewood Fingerboard

MBK-2 or optional MBK-3 Bridge Humbucker

Custom Manson P-90 Neck Pickup

Fixed Bridge

Gotoh 510 Machine Heads

Kill Switch

Volume, Tone

3 Way Pick Up Selector Switch

Manson Deluxe Hard Case

Signed Certificate of Authenticity

DL-1F £3299

As above but with Internal Z-Vex Fuzz Factory

Modified Internal Z-Vex Fuzz Factory With Adjustable Trim Pots And Dual Exterior Controls

MB-1FP £3599

As DL-1F Version Plus Internal MXR Phase 90

Options Manson Custom Hardware DL-1 (£250) DL-1F/DL-1FP (£275)

Archived