Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

Got an update from Adrian today. Still about 10 DL-1´s to be delivered and they are a little behind schedule it seems. Mine is now due next week. Patience patience patience. Not my strongest side;)

oh, lucky man, you'll certainly have yours before me ;) it'll be so wonderfull when you'll have it in your hands !!!!!

Got an update from Adrian today. Still about 10 DL-1´s to be delivered and they are a little behind schedule it seems. Mine is now due next week. Patience patience patience. Not my strongest side;)

Ah I wondered if they were running behind as Adrian hasn't replied to my email from a few days ago. I was assuming they'd finished the DLs now, but fair enough. Time, time, time...

found out today that both hugh and tim worked on the dl-1's unlike just tim who did the mb-1's

Interesting - I was sure one of them told me that both of them were building the MB-1s (at least the second batch - I know Hugh was touring with TCV during the time of the first batch)

I don't think it's started yet, but I don't know as I haven't ordered one this time.

Kev, how's your finish holding up?

Not sure how rust_relics looks at the moment - he had to bring his back as it's broken ;)

Here's what mine looks like (plus some other pictures)...not bad really, but I've been cleaning it off after playing.

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

the match is VERY close, if not perfect

IMG_0482.jpg

custom hardware :awesome:

IMG_0487.jpg

Manual (for Jim)

I don't think it's started yet, but I don't know as I haven't ordered one this time.

Not sure how rust_relics looks at the moment - he had to bring his back as it's broken ;)

Here's what mine looks like (plus some other pictures)...not bad really, but I've been cleaning it off after playing.

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

Manual (for Jim)

:stongue: thank you so much James, yours pictures are just :awesome: the MBK-3 look very great !!! It's almost the same configuration than me. I'm so impatient to have mine now, more and more, day by day, picture after picture !!! Thank for that !!!!

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

Manual (for Jim)

1267569472139.jpg

:stongue: thank you so much James, yours pictures are just :awesome: the MBK-3 look very great !!! It's almost the same configuration than me. I'm so impatient to have mine now, more and more, day by day, picture after picture !!! Thank for that !!!!

Haha no problem - what configuration did you get?

And the MBK-3 is great - definitely would recommend it if you want heavier sounds (you can use the neck P90 for cleans anyway)

1267569472139.jpg

You like? :awesome:

To be honest, the chrome bridge pickup bothers me a little, but I'm probably not going to change it.

Though I've been considering changing the bridge pickup in the ali clad to a black covered one (probably would have to be a stock wind nailbomb) as the current one seems to be microphonic.

If you want a black covered one you could always go for an MBK-3, was down Manson's a couple weeks back and they said they were out of the prototype black MBK-2's but had 3 of the MBK-3's left, glad Musecasters and I get them when we did :)

2deloreansclose.jpg

:)

p.s. great photo's James :)

If you want a black covered one you could always go for an MBK-3, was down Manson's a couple weeks back and they said they were out of the prototype black MBK-2's but had 3 of the MBK-3's left, glad Musecasters and I get them when we did :)

2deloreansclose.jpg

p.s. great photo's James :)

Thanks,

Actually, that's not a bad idea at all. Generally I prefer the MBK-2, but I think the ali clad could use a little more punch to the sound. it's all upper mids - much like the MB-1. I might ask if they've got one available, but if not, probably a standard black covered nailbomb.

Yeeeees :awesome:

I saw a DL1 hanging up by the MB1 last time I went to the store. I had a sad when they said I couldn't have a go on either of them :supersad:

But I got a go with your Ali Clad and a Fuzz Factory so that was fun :awesome:

Yeah, the prototype I'm guessing. That had the humbucker sized neck P90 right?

I thought the MB-1 was off limits, but not the DL-1.

Haha no problem - what configuration did you get?

And the MBK-3 is great - definitely would recommend it if you want heavier sounds (you can use the neck P90 for cleans anyway)

You like? :awesome:

To be honest, the chrome bridge pickup bothers me a little, but I'm probably not going to change it.

Though I've been considering changing the bridge pickup in the ali clad to a black covered one (probably would have to be a stock wind nailbomb) as the current one seems to be microphonic.

custom hardware + FF + Phase, so custom hardware look so wonderfull, I don't regret it ;) So, for MBK-3, it was what I research, heavy sound !! So, happy to learn it sound so heavy James ;) P90 and clean sound will satisfy me, I'm sure ;)

custom hardware + FF + Phase, so custom hardware look so wonderfull, I don't regret it ;) So, for MBK-3, it was what I research, heavy sound !! So, happy to learn it sound so heavy James ;) P90 and clean sound will satisfy me, I'm sure ;)

Nice, the only thing about the custom hardware is that you can't fit a string winder around the tuners, so it's a bit more time consuming when changing strings. It's worth it though, as they really do look amazing.

Did you have an MB-1 on order as well? Because seeing as that has an MBK-2, I definitely would have gone with the MBK-3 with the DL-1 as you have. I find that the MB-1 with the MBK-2 lacks a little bit of punch (probably because of the alder body) but that isn't the case with the DL-1 with the MBK-3.

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

Manual (for Jim)

That is so delicious...

Yeah, the prototype I'm guessing. That had the humbucker sized neck P90 right?

I thought the MB-1 was off limits, but not the DL-1.

Can't remember about the pickup at all. I think it did, but I'm not 100% sure.

They said the guitars were off limits because they were going to some magazine for review, which is fair enough. I've already had a go on the MB1 anyway so it's no big deal. I asked for a go on the DL1, got refused, so it was like "how about the MB1 then". Still got refused :p

I'll catch you yet, my pretties... oh yes...

33kes20.gif

Archived