Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

Has anyone else on here with the DL1-FP noticed the trim control on the back for the phase90, I've had it a week and only just noticed it in the lower corner

rear.jpg

:)

I don't have mine yet but Adrian've try to explain me something when he show me DL-1 and I don't remember exactly, I remember only for the Fuzz, but, in the lower corner, it's sure, it's for the Phase considering place to circuits that show me Hugh himself ;) I can ask to them when I'll pick up my guitar in two weeks ;) So, it seem very interesting if we can control phase90 too !!!

Yeah. I didn't really read through it, but it does explain that from what I remember

oh did they have manuals ready for yours? when we picked up ours they weren't ready yet. not sure what mine will say "Plug in lead, turn up volume. If silent check top horn switch isn't in middle position before phoning mansons"

the phase sounded amazing on RR's dl-1 i nearly bought one in Mansons but they were so expensive there, then i went on the internet and got in a muddle about whether to get that or the evh one (that has a switch between script and modern) oh how the internet pains me.

I'd check out the whirlwind orange box - it's supposedly the closest to the original phase 90, and is built by the guy who designed them. I haven't compared mine to a script handwired phase 90, but it's miles better than the standard one.

And yeah, I got the manual with mine - it's actually pretty detailed! there are parts explaining the features, finish, how to take care of it, etc.

I'd check out the whirlwind orange box - it's supposedly the closest to the original phase 90, and is built by the guy who designed them. I haven't compared mine to a script handwired phase 90, but it's miles better than the standard one.

And yeah, I got the manual with mine - it's actually pretty detailed! there are parts explaining the features, finish, how to take care of it, etc.

any useful tips? or at least clues as to how to clean the aluminium haha

cheers for the tip! that pedal seems even more expensive doh! i'd probably be satisfied with a nano small stone too

any useful tips? or at least clues as to how to clean the aluminium haha

cheers for the tip! that pedal seems even more expensive doh! i'd probably be satisfied with a nano small stone too

I'd still recommend it, but otherwise, the script phase 90 might be best...although, I'm not entirely sure what the difference between the script and the later ones are.

And that's the main reason I read through the manual haha - I think they actually say how it's supposed to be battle worn and whatnot like the original, so there isn't really anything about cleaning the finish.

BUT using a microfiber cloth seems to work somewhat well - much better than a standard cotton cloth. It doesn't get the fingerprints out 100%, but it seems to make them less visible. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to use any sort of chemicals though.

I love manuals. The one for the MB-1 is written so professionally, it makes me laugh :LOL:

When using your Manson's Signature MB-1, plug the lead into both the guitar and your amplifier. Set your amplifier levels as you normally would, then slowly increase the guitar's volume until it begins to come through.

CAUTION: The Manson's Signature MB-1 is equipped with our Manson's/Bare Knuckle Pickups MBK2 custom-wound bridge pickup. Because this is a high-output humbucker, you should exercise caution when using it with your amplifier for the first time.[/Quote]

+1 for the Whirlwind Orange box, it's awesome.

Has anyone got some sound demos of the FP together? Want to hear what it sounds like. I don't know if anyone could do a comparison between using them internally on the DL1, and just having a FF -> Phaser on the floor so we can hear the difference? :happy:

I'm sorry, I think subject have been ever treat but which string have the DL-1 ? and which string use Matt, I think it's Ernie Ball 10-60 but I don't find this in shop... Thank you in advance ;)

Matt has the same gauge strings on his guitars, but a .060 replacing the .046 for the bottom string :) They don't make a set with those gauges, so you'll have to buy a .060 separately

Archived