Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

Haha, I can imagine! The back of most guitars suffer like that though to be fair, so that can't be really helped! But I guess that's part of the whole Delorean look, that it looks like it's been dragged through a hedge backwards where Matt's smashed the front up. It'll look like the original in no time! ;)

Maybe this is why he only throws Santa these days. The black MB-1 and DL-1 don't have the same durability as the red glitter one, so it seems all the theories about invincible glitter are true! :awesome:

haha yeah, i think it'll look cool with lots of them on it, but i think the first one on the front will be an awful moment

I wonder if he'll use the original or the replica at RL. If at all

i doubt he'll use the original given he was persuaded not to change the hardware in it to what he normally uses, who knows if he'll use (or even have) a proto one i kinda expect it'll be just his normal current guitars

haha yeah, i think it'll look cool with lots of them on it, but i think the first one on the front will be an awful moment

Always the way! :chuckle:

I'll be exactly the same with the MB-1...To be honest I'm more worried about smacking the headstock into the well though...The amount of times I do that by accident is rather worrying! :facepalm:

Have all the DL-1s been sent out now anyway?

Have all the DL-1s been sent out now anyway?

At least mine hasn´t. Adrian needed to recalculate the total price since he initially thought Norway is part of the EU and had added UK VAT. Hope to hear back soon these days. Don´t want to rush them since they are so busy.

:awesome:

Aug 11, 2011 2:46 AM

Clearance delay

NEWARK, NJ

A specialized form/statement from the shipper is required.

A few minutes later:

Aug 11, 2011 2:53 AM

International shipment release

NEWARK, NJ

The current status (same as above) suggests that it was released from customs, but I don't know. Hopefully it won't be stuck for 15 days like last time...

o be honest I'm more worried about smacking the headstock into the well though...The amount of times I do that by accident is rather worrying! :facepalm:

That was meant to say 'wall'...

James, what happens when you import something like that? I've never had something that I've had to pay customs charges for or whatever, but I have a feeling I'll have to when my custom bridge comes over. At what stage are you told where it is and if you have to pay anything and how do you do it all, etc...

That was meant to say 'wall'...

James, what happens when you import something like that? I've never had something that I've had to pay customs charges for or whatever, but I have a feeling I'll have to when my custom bridge comes over. At what stage are you told where it is and if you have to pay anything and how do you do it all, etc...

Usually you get a tracking number as soon as it ships, but I guess that's not the case here.

As for the charges, fedex sends a bill in the mail a few weeks afterwards, but UPS requires a cheque when they deliver it.

A few minutes later:

The current status (same as above) suggests that it was released from customs, but I don't know. Hopefully it won't be stuck for 15 days like last time...

That would be so :facepalm:

Usually you get a tracking number as soon as it ships, but I guess that's not the case here.

As for the charges, fedex sends a bill in the mail a few weeks afterwards, but UPS requires a cheque when they deliver it.

Cheque? We need to stop hanging out with British people...they're turning our colours.

Edit: :facepalm:

Here are the pics you asked for Jim

angle.jpg

body_close.jpg

headstock.jpg

Manson_DL-1.jpg

I've only played it for about 45 minutes, but I can say this much.

Neck seems a bit chunkier than the MB-1, and doesn't have NEARLY as much string noise. I don't know whether that's down to the lack of sustainer, lighter strings, or just being a slightly different neck.

Sounds are excellent. I think I made the right decision with the MBK-3.

Custom hardware was totally worth it, even if restringing is going to be a bit time consuming.

But what really matters is that it has a twisty kaoss pad.

Here are the pics you asked for Jim

angle.jpg

body_close.jpg

headstock.jpg

Manson_DL-1.jpg

I've only played it for about 45 minutes, but I can say this much.

Neck seems a bit chunkier than the MB-1, and doesn't have NEARLY as much string noise. I don't know whether that's down to the lack of sustainer, lighter strings, or just being a slightly different neck.

Sounds are excellent. I think I made the right decision with the MBK-3.

Custom hardware was totally worth it, even if restringing is going to be a bit time consuming.

But what really matters is that it has a twisty kaoss pad.

Good Lord, that is the sex. I need one.

Good to hear about all of that, how do you like the MBK3? I'm almost considering it now, seeing as I've got the MBK2 in the MB-1. For that...thing :ninja:

Good Lord, that is the sex. I need one.

Good to hear about all of that, how do you like the MBK3? I'm almost considering it now, seeing as I've got the MBK2 in the MB-1. For that...thing :ninja:

I like it a lot. For some reason this one doesn't sound nearly as bright as the one I had in the stealth.

and sidewaysm, the finish looks like that because it's not covered in MOJO yet

I like it a lot. For some reason this one doesn't sound nearly as bright as the one I had in the stealth.

and sidewaysm, the finish looks like that because it's not covered in MOJO yet

thanks James for the quick review ;) I'm very happy to choose MBK-3 with that you write !!! A very good choice !!!! and your pictures are great too, thanks for all !!! Too impatient to have mine now !!!!

my only concern with the dl1 was with the headstock, the cutting out doesnt seem to be as smooth as the mb1, looks like it has small sharper edges round the corner :/

Nice pickup choice james, played a dl1 with that config and it was great!

Yeah, I agree completely with you there. The black pickup surrounds also worked a lot better in my opinion, as well as the matching pickups. I'm not a fan of the black neck pickup on the actual thing, and having chrome surround at the bridge and nothing at the neck doesn't do it for me.

Archived