Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

All RR needs is the bridge the original Delorean had and it'd be perfect

Soon it will be, It didn't cost me much and it may fit but it may not. The bridge they have on there is perfectly fine, I can see why they went for the Gotoh as the posts and inserts are so small on the Schaller

271275_10150248552457091_558722090_7965727_4676185_o.jpg

Here is the Schaller Bridge, posts & inserts I got from Musecasters Laser guitar on the left, along with Gotoh posts and inserts (on the right) like has been fitted to my DL-1, the posts has been turned down on a lathe by an engineer mate of mine as the originals were too big to fitted the Schaller bridge, as you can see here http://www.guitarandampshop.co.uk/acatalog/gotohge103g.jpg

Hopefully that means I can have a Schaller bridge on my DL-1 to make it look a little bit more like the original http://musewiki.org/images/Manson_Delorean_showcase.jpg

I played it through an amp tonight and it sounds great, bit more toppy than the MB-1 (with identical pickups) and so much fun to play. It's the first Manson I've bought where I'm not too worried about damaging the finish, it will dull down soon :)

Soon it will be, It didn't cost me much and it may fit but it may not. The bridge they have on there is perfectly fine, I can see why they went for the Gotoh as the posts and inserts are so small on the Schaller

Here is the Schaller Bridge, posts & inserts I got from Musecasters Laser guitar on the left, along with Gotoh posts and inserts (on the right) like has been fitted to my DL-1, the posts has been turned down on a lathe by an engineer mate of mine as the originals were too big to fitted the Schaller bridge, as you can see here http://www.guitarandampshop.co.uk/acatalog/gotohge103g.jpg

Hopefully that means I can have a Schaller bridge on my DL-1 to make it look a little bit more like the original http://musewiki.org/images/Manson_Delorean_showcase.jpg

I played it through an amp tonight and it sounds great, bit more toppy than the MB-1 (with identical pickups) and so much fun to play. It's the first Manson I've bought where I'm not too worried about damaging the finish, it will dull down soon :)

Where can you buy that bridge from? With the black saddles

how you finding the fingerprints on yours? mine is covered in them now! not sure whether to just rub my hands all over it to make it consistent haha

I've been rubbing my hands all over it, keeping that thing clean with no fingerprints ain't gonna happen! Looks so much better now

Where can you buy that bridge from? With the black saddles

not sure as Musecasters got it, I'm hoping to upgrade it next year to have Piezo saddles in there hopefully :)

I've been rubbing my hands all over it, keeping that thing clean with no fingerprints ain't gonna happen! Looks so much better now

They don't come off at all?

Generally I can't stand fingerprints, but I guess we'll see how this looks.

i think there must be a way to get them off as they must have got them during the build process but i don't know how, just a lint free cloth doesn't do anything. hugh did say they'd be covered very fast, guess it's all part of the charm

Nah, he'd TELL us if he took it on his iPhone 4.

"Sorry for the quality, I only took it on my iPhone 4"

It must have been taken on something else.

So fucking true! :LOL:

Not great quality as taken on camera phone (my only camera)

284951_10150255666447091_558722090_8037343_310004_n.jpg

252153_10150255664407091_558722090_8037291_7185883_n.jpg

Haven't plugged them in to do a comparison but the DL-1 sounds a little brighter acoustically

:)

Uh huh? :rolleyes:

And red pick up rings now? RR, give it a rest on modding the MB-1 already! :LOL:

8482cb5d.jpg

Lmao! I looked at that and immediately thought "huh? but where do the batteries go? :erm:" :LOL::facepalm:

Oh, and kev, I give it a week before someone comments on that video of yours and says either that it's a fake because it doesn't have twisty knobs on it, or asks why you would spend that amount of money when you can't even use a fuzz factory on it! :LOL:

They don't come off at all?

Generally I can't stand fingerprints, but I guess we'll see how this looks.

James, the 001 doesn't have them all over it does it? I wouldn't like them either! :chuckle:

Ah right. What if I went with the lacquer over the top as well. Would that help prevent that? Although the real reason I want it is to protect the aluminium from getting dirty, aged, damaged, etc, that would be a good side effect. I don't know too much about lacquers in general, but would it work as well as that? I was also going to ask if you could PM me some pictures of the back/back and sides of the 001 so I can see regarding the comfort issue. I still think I want full body aluminium but I just want to get a look for it. I assume it would be impossible to have full body aluminium and still have forearm and back contours? Oh, that reminds me, I saw a swirled aluminium tray at work today, and I just kept tilting it back and forth to watch the light move on it, haha! :LOL:

Ah right. What if I went with the lacquer over the top as well. Would that help prevent that? Although the real reason I want it is to protect the aluminium from getting dirty, aged, damaged, etc, that would be a good side effect. I don't know too much about lacquers in general, but would it work as well as that?

Yeah, it should protect it, but it might show fingerprints more. You'll be able to clean them off easily though (assuming it's like any other lacquer)

Edit: Sure, I'll PM you some pictures once I take some

Cool, that's good to know. That's my main priority really. I don't want the aluminium to smudged or dirty or age or whatever. I want it to be shiny and reflective forever! :LOL:

And yeah, no issue with fingerprints on it temporarily while I'm playing but then if I can just wipe it down with that finish cloth you recommended when I've finished and it'll be lovely again, then that's ideal.

Archived