:)

What do you think? I really like Eurovision Song Contest. I am also very aware that many people find the music there absolutely atrocious. Being an open Eurovision fan, I've heard tons of critisism.

But really. It would have been so amazing if Muse were to participate. For the United Kingdom! Since they are very well known in Europe, they would score lots of extra attention beforehand.

Then, they would write a killer-3-minute long tune, and would have rocked Europe with it, winning the contest, and become known to every child, father and grandfather who watches Eurovision but have no clue about Muse. :D

Muse also loves a good scene show, and that's an area Eurovision is really good at.

I sometimes imagine they playing United States of Eurasia, and that they recieve a bunch of 12 points. :)

(The rules would have to be changed slightly because one cannot perform on instruments in Eurovision, and we know how Muse reacts to that.)

Doesn't Eurovision work by a committee in each country picking a bunch of songs and getting the public to vote for their favourite?

Sandie Shaw absolutely hated Puppet On A String when she won it. :LOL:

It would only add fuel to the Muse = Radiohead thing as Radiohead was only prepared to do Eurovision to promote Kid A.

Doesn't Eurovision work by a committee in each country picking a bunch of songs and getting the public to vote for their favourite?

Sandie Shaw absolutely hated Puppet On A String when she won it. :LOL:

It would only add fuel to the Muse = Radiohead thing as Radiohead was only prepared to do Eurovision to promote Kid A.

Radiohead were willing to do Eurovision? :eek:

I wasn't joking, hilarious responses though. ^^

I didn't know Radiohead had considered participating...

Yes' date=' Muse should appear on Eurovision if they want to kill their career stone dead.[/quote']

How so? It would be a way of promoting their music. What's so unlikeable about the Eurovision? Don't you want serious artists to participate?

I wasn't joking, hilarious responses though. ^^

I didn't know Radiohead had considered participating...

How so? It would be a way of promoting their music. What's so unlikeable about the Eurovision? Don't you want serious artists to participate?

Because the whole thing is a bit of a joke, in the UK at least. Nobody here takes it seriously. So for Muse to be associated with it would not be a good thing.

Because the whole thing is a bit of a joke' date=' in the UK at least. Nobody here takes it seriously. So for Muse to be associated with it would not be a good thing.[/quote']

Okay, I know that the last ten years, UK have sent... if not else, humorous songs and acts. But what about 2009, Jade Ewen and Andrew Lloyd Webber, with a fifth place? Didn't that count for something? :p

Okay, I know that the last ten years, UK have sent... if not else, humorous songs and acts. But what about 2009, Jade Ewen and Andrew Lloyd Webber, with a fifth place? Didn't that count for something? :p

It's always been a joke here, not a new thing at all.

Shame there's no decent footage of Terry Wogan commentating on Eurovision, would get some idea how it's seen in the UK, as he used to get drunk and rip into everyone :LOL:

Not when every other year has been a bad year :LOL:

We did make an effort for a while but whatever the quality of the song, the votes are always politically motivated, at least in part, so why bother? I haven't watched it for the last few years so I don't know what's been happening anyway.

It's a political cluster fuck.

No fucking way would I want Muse to go anywhere near it just so they can get "Nil Pois"

Seriously, in the current light of international relations, even the BEST band in the entire UK would struggle not to be in the bottom 5 and that's just a fact.

I'd say 2009 is an example that this isn't true. Otherwise, like this year, they've sent cringeworthy acts well worthy of bottom 5.

Shame there's no decent footage of Terry Wogan commentating on Eurovision, would get some idea how it's seen in the UK, as he used to get drunk and rip into everyone

There are lots of them on Youtube! :) He is well-known for all of us who's a bit into Eurovision. It's so cozy when he introduces Bucks Fizz in 1981.

Archived