Which of Matt's stage antics to you like the most?  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Which of Matt's stage antics to you like the most?

• raping his guitar
    • knee slides
    • fingering the kaoss pad
    • spinning and jumping around
    • pointing at random people
    • f**** the amp
    • making up new lyrics or giggling in songs
    • none of those, Matt should stay behind his microphone

tumblr_mv5h9vX5qi1sidfz8o2_250.giftumblr_mv5h9vX5qi1sidfz8o4_250.gif

Matt's instagram is so cute. He's such an awkward lil guy.

I equate it to a cute lil grandma who's just trying her best to keep up with technology but isn't quite a natural with it :chuckle:

God, I hope he gets snapchat as well. Those filters will be too much.

08814_100642_MUSEpressL140808_zps1zldjfb3.jpg

462551512cec32f6fabowb9_zpsg0zuwakb.jpg

Matt's instagram is so cute. He's such an awkward lil guy.

Instagram is so perfect for him; it's a way for the fans to feel connected to him, but he doesn't have to communicate with them in any way, and he could really just be doing it for himself. :chuckle:

Although I must say SOMEone is reading the comments on there... couple of people got blocked after that last vid he threw up there, and comments removed.

The whole thing was pretty loltastic on both sides until a few people with real problems showed up.

08814_100642_MUSEpressL140808_zps1zldjfb3.jpg

<3 it

Although I must say SOMEone is reading the comments on there... couple of people got blocked after that last vid he threw up there, and comments removed.

The whole thing was pretty loltastic on both sides until a few people with real problems showed up.

Just went and watched it, why were people getting mad? :LOL: Even saw a comment saying 'you put this up just to make us go mental, well done'. Like, how???

Christ, you almost can't blame him for distancing himself from the hardcore fanbase.

Some people had some decent points, especially about the things Matt's said in the past about The Handler, and women being brainwashed by society and stuff. I think that's pretty fair. And I get some of the fans not wanting proof celebrities are out of touch with the real people, especially musicians.

Complaining about Muse partying with women makes me think they're rather new fans that haven't taken a look back, though.

I do respect that whoever edited those comments only removed the really mental ones and did leave the "hypocrite" type stuff.

There also IS that very famous quote from Matt about Paris, too, which people obviously haven't forgotten. :chuckle:

More of the comments were about him not living what he preaches in current songs, specifically The Handler, and his saying he thought life was harder for women, etc.

They do have a bit of a point.

Muse has come off as a "relatable" band (to attract mainstream popularity) lately, so it's going to happen that some fans are put off by seeing that sort of thing.

Muse is that nerdy person that you feel understands you even though you're different.

Not a person that goes to Paris Hilton parties.

It's part of fame and fandoms. Nothing new.

Calling someone a maggot and saying they shouldn't be allowed to see their kid is just demented, though.

In Matt's defense - without wanting to get too personal - he seems like a supportive guy, and I'm guessing some of these things have to do with Elle's interests. That's a normal thing.

I get that it can be seen as hypocritical, but at the same time I feel like it would be hard to be a rock star/famous and not be hypocritical. I appreciate that Muse are at least honest about their lives, and it's not like they're out there trying to be Bono. Matt just writes songs about his interests.

Some of it comes from a sense of jealousy or self image issues, for sure. That is a whole novel of essays on how the media tainted the world... :LOL:

But, I do like when people don't blindly agree with everything a famous person does from a standpoint of what they believe in, or even what the famous person has professed to believe in. So the ones saying 'hey, this seems hypocritical' - hopefully some of them really do have solid personal beliefs, and it isn't coming from some weird jealousy about the girlfriend.

And I have much respect that those comments weren't deleted, too.

But yeah, sure some of it is for his girlfriend, but let's be honest - if fans are upset about Matt and questionable parties, I'm assuming they're newer Muse fans that haven't looked at the band's past all that much. Or really, their present, pre-Elle, either.

f4466e8cdf20df85c182a20756e13490_zpsonnqrbn6.jpg

And wtf was up with that blonde stripe?

That has to be my least favorite look since that early T2L era too short hair and full goatee. :chuckle:

Fluffy hair is still cute.

And wtf was up with that blonde stripe?

That has to be my least favorite look since that early T2L era too short hair and full goatee. :chuckle:

Fluffy hair is still cute.

I always quite liked that stripe, but maybe it was the BH&R effect :$

I copied it and got a red stripe when I was 15 :chuckle: To my credit, it was one of my less slagged-off hairstyles from those years.

Only notable least faves I can think of are this, this or this.

I copied it and got a red stripe when I was 15 :chuckle: To my credit, it was one of my less slagged-off hairstyles from those years.

Hm, the blonde stripe is ok for me, but the other three you linked :eek::shifty::wtf::noey: no sorry, really not nice!

I am happy the way his hair is now, but not too short please! :D

CnxD08CXgAE_cTg?format=jpg&name=large

Edit: I didn't post this pic cause of the hair ;)

Edited by Claudia O.

I quite like the first one, the spikiness on top does it for me.

But I thought the second one was Michael Douglas for a second :eek: and Matt has to be one of the very few blokes who looks better with short hair than long. (Which is odd because my ex who looks like him - yes :facemelt: - looks MUCH better with long hair. But his hair is thick and wavy and lush oh god whereas Matt's got the unfortunate English poker-straight rat tail look going on.)

The hairstyle was still beyond awesome. I just never "got" the stripe. Wondered if it was some kind of styling accident, or Matt dyed his hair on his own without a mirror. :chuckle:

My brain was trying to assemble a "what Jobby looked like with stripe" composite, and I realized I have no idea what your gender is! :LOL:

Of those ones you linked, the first is what I absolutely think doesn't suit him at all. Squares his head off, makes him look old and dull. And he's had that style a LOT. :noey: Not rock star worthy.

Obvs have a soft spot for the long hair.

n3zrf3-muse_zpsncmniulw.jpg

I think some of the later, longer pics had less to do with the hair, and more to do with Matt just not looking healthy in the first place. There's some pics where he looks fab with it.

That one of him in the sunglasses and black vneck I'm not allowed to post... *dead*

(My boyfriend doesn't look like Matt, thank god, but he DOES look like an age appropriate Gavin Rossdale. Which my boyfriend discovered, unfortunately, while we were at a gig, and Rossdale himself did a double take and commented on it. :facepalm: )

Do you have the exact same head shape and features?

Things look different on everyone and suit different people better, obvs.

Well... Uhm... * blushes * As a 23-years-old young man, I'm a pitiful "shorty" (more or less 1,61 metres tall) and I'm almost as scrawny and skinny as Matt was during his 20s, with a pointy face but a square-like jaw, a long aquiline nose and a smile which is a sort of crossover between Damon Albarn's and Jack Nicholson's. But, although being a bit misplaced, at least my teeth are perfectly healthy with none missing.

Well, I don't if I've given you a good idea on how I look...