Which of Matt's stage antics to you like the most?  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Which of Matt's stage antics to you like the most?

• raping his guitar
    • knee slides
    • fingering the kaoss pad
    • spinning and jumping around
    • pointing at random people
    • f**** the amp
    • making up new lyrics or giggling in songs
    • none of those, Matt should stay behind his microphone

Last I heard we're allowed to post official event photos, just not pap pics. No one is speculating on a band member's private life. I think since Kate is a public figure, it's not the same as posting private/candid pics of family members and is not in any way prying.

Edit: But I'm fine with cropping Kate out if that's what's preferable.

Yea well she is a family member she is NOT a muse member and Matt didnt tweet any of those. When they first started dating we were given the public figure loophole that admin then closed.

The majority of the mods/admins think it's fine to post pics such as the one in question. However, we still do not allow discussion/speculation on band members and their families' personal lives, whether they're public figures or not.

I think there's a very clear distinction between photos of just Kate/talking about Kate/surreptitious paparazzi photos and photos with both her and Matt posing at a widely publicised event where they have essentially opted in to having photos taken.

It's not much different than if she came with Matt to the NME awards or something and was in all the photos taken of the band. This is the Oscars we are talking about, not speculative magazine columns and opportunist photos of them grocery shopping.

If management say otherwise we'll take them down but I see know harm in having these specific photos here where they both knew they were coming to a paparazzi and media laden event where they would be expected to pose.

I think there's a very clear distinction between photos of just Kate/talking about Kate/surreptitious paparazzi photos and photos with both her and Matt posing at a widely publicised event where they have essentially opted in to having photos taken.

okay.

public figures, publicised event, know they are being photographed by the news meda. got it.

It's not much different than if she came with Matt to the NME awards or something and was in all the photos taken of the band. This is the Oscars we are talking about, not speculative magazine columns and opportunist photos of them grocery shopping.

IF...she hasn't walked the red carpet with matt or muse at a music awards show yet...or at least that i'm aware of. an oscar party (related to HER work) and the NMEs (related to HIS work) are not the same thing. but if that's your criteria...okay.

If management say otherwise we'll take them down but I see know harm in having these specific photos here where they both knew they were coming to a paparazzi and media laden event where they would be expected to pose.

thank you for being clear.

image removed

Edited by Furygirl
Photos doesn't seem like an obviously planned photo op

okay.

public figures, publicised event, know they are being photographed by the news meda. got it.

IF...she hasn't walked the red carpet with matt or muse at a music awards show yet...or at least that i'm aware of. an oscar party (related to HER work) and the NMEs (related to HIS work) are not the same thing. but if that's your criteria...okay.

thank you for being clear.

image removed

well well well...look who's changing the rules when they see fit.....

please refer to niall's paragraph below.

image removed

that photo fit all the criteria that niall gave. so why'd you take it down?

...and if you think they weren't posing for that you're speculating :p ...that camera's so close we can scratch it and smell matt's toothpaste ;)

here's the thing. keep pictures that include kate off the board unless matt tweets them. then you won't have a slippery slope. keep the rules clear and simple so that people can rely on them.

is that so bloody hard? save yourselves some work, some pain and headache. and then other members of the board can actually help you in reporting things that aren't appropriate.

instead you all are just sliding around by the seat of your pants, changing things up and not confirming the very important points i was trying to make. the fact that this photo was removed with a comment like that is rediculous. random mod actions like that it make everything so messy and confusing.

Oh I agreed with niall's points...and the photo I posted complied with them. But it was removed anyway. Based on the supposition that it wasn't a photo op I guess. But a picture of matt and kate kissing at a well publicized event when they know they are being photographed probably wasn't what Niall had in mind. but it still met the points he put forth.

Bottom line is this is the fan forum for muse. Kate is not a member. Making bounteous qualifications on what pictures are allowed or not is confusing. And none of the qualifications are found in the actual board rules.

As the new album comes out there will be an influx of new fans, and there will be a lot more confusion as to what's allowed and what isn't. The unofficial "rules" have been modified enough times they practically need a set of subsections listed to keep track. Wouldn't it just be simpler for old and new members alike if the directive was simple, clear, and part of the official rules?

As it is now, it is not.

There may be seen, by some, to be a grey area regarding photos of them arriving or leaving a public event (personally I think it easy enough to be discerning over what should or should not be posted based on good taste and level of intrusiveness and I haven't noticed anyone else posting photos of them kissing). For instance photos of them in the car arriving are most likely not intended to be public, even if there are photographers there. Unfortunately they have to do normal every day things like travel to public events if they want to arrive there. However, it is easy to make a distinction between red carpet photos and those which are taken in the vicinity of a public event, which may or may not be official. I can't see the need to ban all photos of the couple. That seems a bit extreme. But whatever, it's not as if I care, it just seems daft.

If mods wanted to make a clear cut distinction they could say red carpet pictures only, for people who do want to post public pictures of Matt when he happens to be with Kate, but that's their call.

Edited by CarrieB